Organically tanned sheepskins from our Dorset and Shetland flocks. Wonderfully soft, they are cool in summer and warm in winter. Perfect on a chair, as a rug and for a baby too! Shake regularly to maintain the beautiful natural fleece.
Long Wool Sheepskins
If after some time you wish to wash your sheepskin then please follow these instructions.
ORGANICALLY TANNED SHEEPSKINS ARE MACHINE WASHABLE.
Choose a good blowy day, rather than a hot one.
1. Preferably use a silk cycle if not use wool. The temperature should not exceed 35 degrees centigrade. Use a gentle Non Bio washing powder, we use Ecover Zero .
2. When the cycle has ﬁnished give your sheepskin a gentle shake, (or you could get wet!) if it still has water in it give it another spin.
3. Remove from the machine and holding the skin by the base, give your sheepskin a good shake to remove the creases and bring the ﬂeece up.
4. DO NOT TUMBLE DRY, YOU WILL RUIN YOUR BEAUTIFUL SHEEPSKIN.
5. Put your sheepskin over the washing line ﬂeece side out, folded roughly in half so that the skin is not exposed.
6. When the ﬂeece is dry bring you sheepskin back indoors.
7. Place your sheepskin over the back of a chair or an airer skin side up. AWAY FROM DIRECT HEAT, LIKE A RADIATOR,OR YOUR BEAUTIFUL SHEEPSKIN WILL GO HARD.
8. Periodically, as you go past, give it a good shake, it helps to keep the back supple.
9. If you want to, a dog brush (held like a dagger) can be used to comb the ﬂeece.
These are totally natural skins. They are free from bleaches and dyes, and no nasty chemicals or toxins have been used either in the raw material or in the tanning process.